http://www.capsystech.com/static.asp?path=5646

Monday, May 10, 2010

TAWPI and IAPP Merge Staffs and Boards

Out the initial Fusion event here in Grapevine, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Seems to be going well so far. Somebody told me there were 1,600 people here, which is marked rise from the combined attendance of the two events last year. In other words, it seems like in this case, one plus one equals three.

I attended a few conference sessions today and the rooms were over half filled, with one almost full. This is a sharp contrast to last year's stand-alone TAWPI event, which had great presentations, but, from what I saw, not many more than 10 attendees in any sessions. And there have been some big name end users in the sessions like Travelocity, Tyco Electronics, Erie Insurance, and the Dallas School District.

While the majority of attendees are clearly from accounting departments, the sessions I attended were mostly about imaging, so there has been a nice crossover. It's good to see TAWPI find this direction and IAPP's users seems eager to embrace the TAWPI technologies both in A/P and A/R - as these two spaces come together.

The timing really seems right for vendors like J&B Software, for example, which is announcing a combined A/P and A/R platform at the show.

The combination of the events is working so well, in fact, that IAPP and TAWPI have decided to combine boards and staffs. Next year's event has been scheduled for Orlando, during the same time of year.

2 comments:

electronic document management said...

Its my pleasure that I got a chance of reading this article. It is written very good. I am simply impressed with the content of it. I liked the way your expressed your feelings here.

Anonymous said...

Your work surprised me a lot because it's been a long time since I found this wonderful sharing.

voyance Email gratuit